Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Standing Theory - Petaling Jaya

After Butter + Beans and VCR, I've found another gem in town. I know it's very subjective when it comes to our own perspectives of a good café. As mentioned in my earlier post, I've visited many cafés that are so overrated. To me overrated means they have massive crowd despite of the quality they're offering. Quality breaks down to quality of service and quality of what they are serving. And more often than not, the popular cafes out there lack of both qualities that I’m looking for.

Standing Theory sits in a row of old shop lots in a quieter neighbourhood of SS2. It has minimal interior design, with compact menu written on chalkboards, an island-bar/counter, lighting, chairs and tables – that’s about it. Oh there's a pretty interesting round communal table :) Anyway, I have underestimated its location. Back in highschool, I had my percussion lessons there (in fact, that music school is still there, just right next to Standing Theory). Thus I was assuming its location will make it a less crowded gem. Oh dear I was wrong. Standing Theory clearly isn't among the mediocre. It's among the real deal.


Mocha. Not too chocolaty. 
 Flat white.
The BBC Waffle!
I chanced upon this café solely based on my friend’s recommendation on their great coffee. I didn't know they serve great food too! Bacon and waffle have never crossed path in my own foodie-ology. This BBC waffle told me otherwise. They actually make great combination :O Crispy waffles topped with banana slices, FatBaby cornflakes ice cream and their house cured pork bacon (yeah they serve pork!). It's yummy in the tummy. Probably I wasn't expecting crispy waffles so this turned out to be hmm..pure yumminess.
(Notes: I made another visit on a Wednesday night. They told me that BBC waffle is only available before 4.30pm so be there before 4.30pm if you want to try this yummy waffle! They have another waffle available in the evening, not sure what it's called but it's waffles topped with coconut candy ice cream and peanuts. Not too bad but coconut candy ice cream isn't my scoop of ice cream so yeah..)

always believe that genuine quality and passion will lead one to success. I'm just glad to have found another success story in the making :)

No comments:

Post a Comment