Saturday, October 11, 2014

Manchester Press - Melbourne, Australia

Tucked away down the pretty Rankins Lane, stone's throw away from Brother Baba Budan (BBB). Saw the very small sign on the wall of the lane when I was leaving BBB. It doesn't seem like it has any further signage that would lead you into the café. While I thought it could be as petitie as BBB, it's surprisingly spacious and warm. Cool place with great vibe! 



I was there on a Monday morning at around 11am and I did not expect it to be that crowded... Later did I find out that besides good coffee, it's a place for delicious bagels too!
Quirky "signage"

High ceiling, warm lighting and the aroma of coffee beans filled the space. 
This was one of the perfect mornings. 

Small and simple menu with some excellent bagels. 

 Fruit & nut bagel with mixed berry mascarpone, fresh berries and crushed pistacho. Very good! Never thought I'd like this but it's really good! However I left with a quarter of bagel... the mascarpone was too filling...

Smoked salmon bagel. Equally good! The bagels were just good. 

Definitely a cool and tranquil place to hang out with friends; conversations over a cup of good coffee / bagels sounds like a perfect plan during your free time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment