Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Curious Goat - Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya

2 factors brought me here - initially it was the amazing and unique latte art(s) which I came across in Instagram; then as I was checking out their account, their posts attracted me. I love their narration for each photo - their posts make me think that they are very good story tellers, and that they are not using the usual marketing texts as an approach.

Judging from the comments online, I thought it'll be hard to locate, but it's not. It's pretty direct, just use waze :D The only fun part (or perhaps confusing to most) is that they do not have a signboard, but again, it isn't hard to locate, it is not that hidden. The art murals on both sides of the wall are easy to recognize.

To summarize my first visit:
It was my plan to go to The Curious Goat, but I got confused between this and TTDI's Frisky Goat. I got to know about both goats briefly based on Instagram's photos. So, upon arriving at Frisky Goat, I did another round of search on Google, only I came to realize that "Oh no this isn't the goat which I intend to go." So I had my brunch at Frisky Goat, and still made a visit to The Curious Goat after that.

I love how quiet it was on a Saturday afternoon, not only the cafe alone, including the area - simply away from the hustle bustle of the city (and practically everywhere else in the Klang Valley). Very, very friendly, warm and attentive service, with cosy setting. Nothing extravaganza, but I like the way it is. It's where I can spend hours sitting, not doing anything. Haha! However, I did not really enjoy my first cup of coffee. It was so so only, and I left feeling a tiny bit disappointed. Since the initial factor that drew me here was the latte art, I actually requested for a special one and I thought given that they're not busy, I was expecting something different than the usual rosetta / tulip but...this was what I got:


Nonetheless I still had an enjoyable afternoon there. My cousin and uncle though enjoyed their cuppa more than I did. 



I returned to The Curious Goat this afternoon with another friend. Not giving up, upon ordering with the very friendly barista, I tried requesting for special latte art again. I told him no rosetta no tulip please. You can't deny seeing cute art on your cuppa does make you feel better don't you? But oh well, if all customers are like that, baristas would be so so much busier. Very sorry for being childish but thank you very much for answering my request! ;)

So cute!

 Our brunch - Smoked Salmon Sandwich and Chicken Cheese Sandwich. Both were equally good!

I did not just scream at latte arts, I do appreciate coffee. Although I'm not a coffee connoisseur, but I've always loved learning what I'm eating/drinking. I guess it was a habit I practiced since college. So yeah, back to the coffee. Beans do matter but trust me, barista plays a much more important role! I did not enjoy my last cup here but this time it was good. I actually like their single origin from Sulawesi. Not 

To conclude, I'll definitely be back! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment