Wednesday, November 11, 2015

On Ne Sait Jamais - Seoul, South Korea

After a couple of visits to different cafes, I've concluded that cafes in Seoul have very distinctive characters, and this cafe might top the list with its unique interior - what used to be a bath house is now turned into a cafe tucked in one of the many small alleys in Itaewon.


There's no signboard, and its name is a French expression which literally translates to "you never know". I never knew we should alight at Hannam Station instead of Itaewon; and I never knew it's actually famous for its in-house baked desserts (besides its cool concept), until I left. A cup of decent coffee was all I have, with plenty of photography moments as we were the only customers at that time.

Desserts were made/baked behind the display chiller. 


A guy who came after us ordered 3 desserts to himself and he finished them all, not even crumbs were left behind... And more customers came, and every small group of them ordered at least 2 desserts... and I never knew I'll leave this cafe with such regret. 


Setting aside its cool concept, its location is quiet in the day time, making it a great place to spend a tranquil morning away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment