Thursday, February 20, 2014

Butter + Beans At Seventeen - Petaling Jaya

The local cafes are springing up like mushrooms after rain. And there are numerous lists regarding cafes can be found online - Top 10 Cafes in Klang Valley, Must Try Cafes in KL, Top 20 Cafes... the list goes on and on. I often wonder, who created the list? After visiting many cafes, the first conclusion I had was - many cafes out there are very much overrated. 

Butter + Beans At Seventeen appears to be my favourite out of all. I love how petite & intimate it is, I love their house blend, I love their pastries, I love their coffee art, and I am very much in love with their homey friendly service. Nothing beats sharing stories over a cup of good coffee. 

Just a small array of pastries. They might not serve the BEST pastries but still, quality assured.[

This barista makes very good coffee + coffee art. 
On my first visit, it was a take-away Cappuccino on a fine Tuesday afternoon back in December 2013. I thought it's very lovely to see coffee art in take-away coffee. It shows how genuine they are in serving each cup of coffee because 99% of other take-aways I've had have no arts. Some even have very inadequate amount with coffee stains around the cup.

I made my second visit on New Year. And that's when I started to sort of, fall in love with Butter + Beans. 
 Beautiful art on Cappuccino. 
 Blueberry Danish. 
 My favourite cake since then. The aromatic and delicious lavender cherry cake. The texture however was a bit dry. I think it tastes better given a little more moistness.
 One among my favourite coffee arts - on mocha. 
Another take-away proved the consistency of the barista treating each cup of coffee seriously.
There are more visits to B+B after all these pics. While I continue to explore more cafes in and out of town, this modest cafe is still my favourite :)


No comments:

Post a Comment