Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Australia Dairy Co. 澳洲牛奶公司 - Hong Kong

I've read and heard numerous reviews about Australia Dairy Co. before dining in. To summarize, it's one of Hong Kong's most popular 茶餐廳 (Cha Chaan Teng - HK-style cafe) - famous for its scrambled egg, egg custard and... their not-so-friendly service. We went prepared - long queues, quick-decision making on orders, and expect nothing on their service.


Despite the long queue, we were seated in less than 10 minutes! If you're going alone or there are just a pair of you, you'll most likely be seated with strangers as they practice communal seating. To be frank it's a bit uncomfortable as the tables are pretty small... But again, you're in Hong Kong - take it as a cultural experience! 

They don't have an extensive list of menu and menus are already placed on the table/wall for convenience. So once we're seated,  (in less than 3 minutes) the waiter came to take our orders. DON'T BE FICKLE MINDED, just order what you want; DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME by keep changing on your orders.


Food was served faster than our ordering time! Here comes the challenge - to squeeze all items onto the petite table. 2 solutions - if you don't mind, hold it with your hand or put it on your lap; OR, eat fast.

Egg custard - hot or cold; I prefer the hot one as the taste of egg is stronger. The texture is smooth, and...smooth, just smooth.
Part of the set menu - Macaroni and Ham
Their famous scrambled egg. It's a little hard to describe how perfect scrambled egg can taste like and I'm pretty much out of words; I can only think of - buttery, moist, and... it made me craving for more. Another surprise for me was their infamous toast! It's toasted to my kind of perfection - a little crisps on the skin and all fluffy inside. I may sound slightly exaggerated over this 2 simple items but it's probably because I know I can't cook scrambled eggs like that and neither can I have toast delicious like that back home. 

Oh, and I'm still very much impressed with their super fast service! With the high volume of turn-overs, they are still serving quality food. On a side note, we DID NOT receive rude/unfriendly service. This proves  "The best thing comes when you least expect it".  

It seems like I've found my favourite cha chaan teng in Hong Kong :)

Address:
47 Parkes St, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 7.30am - 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment