Monday, June 23, 2014

Whimsical by Cielo Dolci - Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur

Gelato-loving fans wouldn't find Cielo Dolci new, it's a gelato house with an outlet at lower ground floor of Paradigm mall - selling home-made gelato with a list of rather interesting flavours (I love their chocolate peanut butter flavour). Now, they've just joined the cafe scene, Whimsical Gelateria & Caffe by Cielo Dolci - a gelateria/cafe, started operation just 5days ago. However instead of serving the normal cafe/brunch food, they are doing what they do best, still concentrating in gelato - by offering food/drinks paired with a scoop. Definitely something new in town! (I foresee the hype Whimsical will create not too long from now )




After Oh Scooter Cafe, another cotton candy cuppa in town. Served like Whimsical's gimmick drink, the Cotton Candy Affogato. I don't like affogato, but in this cuppa, only to find that the gelato they used was coconut flavour with gula melaka! I can't really taste coconut but I'm loving the strong hints of gula melaka! :D However I find that the espresso was too strong for my liking, I think I will ask for a bigger cotton candy on my next visit haha


Now here comes the interesting part.

Rise 'n Shine. Basically just like big breakfast, with beef bacon and sausage, pancake, scrambled egg and...tada! Beef bacon flavoured gelato! On my first scoop, I was rather confused. Because it tasted EXACTLY like the actual beef bacon, in gelato form. You have to try to know how it tastes like (actually like mentioned, it tasted precisely like beef bacon haha)

The Sweet Waffle. Originally it's paired with Cinnamon Vanilla gelato but I don't like cinnamon so I requested for a change in flavour, to Dark Belgian Chocolate.

I quite like their interior, it creates a bit of the northern European setting. More light coloured wood instead of dark ones.




Also, they have Malaysia's first ever pozetti gelato showcase! Which using the pozetti showcase, you can't see their gelato from outside, gelato are all stored in  individual round tubs with lid called Carapina. 

*Pozetti Showcase Photo & Info source: Whimsical's Facebook Page




It's worth trying out and definitely a great place to have a good scoop of gelato. What's more with flavours you can't get elsewhere, such as the gelato which contain alcohol - Sangria, Bailey's with Chocolate, or Beef Bacon as introduced earlier, Vanilla beans, etc. There are minimal flavours now, so...drop by when it's still new for a quieter environment or later for more flavours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment