Monday, June 30, 2014

Whimsical by Cielo Dolci (Again!) - Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur

I was back for my second and third visit! I consider this quite a rare scene, I don't usually visit a cafe on a frequent basis but but...I can't get enough of their yummy gelato! 

I was back on Friday night for dessert. Whimsical is offering more gelato flavours now! Baileys + chocolate chips, Sangria, 70% Belgian Dark Choco, Lavender Honey, Pistachio (Premium), Cempedak, Durian...just to name a few.

I once had the best Lavender flavoured gelato in my life in Budapest, Hungary (ps: I haven't been to Italy though, so it's purely based on my humble judgement). Gelarto Rosa in Budapest serves really delicious Lavender White Chocolate flavoured gelato! It's so good that I had it two days in a row, despite the chilly cold weather and yeah, felt so great to have had it again before we left Budapest! 

From Gelarto Rosa, instead of scoops, gelatos were presented in petals which form a blooming rose :)


back to Whimsical. I had 2 scoops on waffle - Pistachio and Lavender Honey. THE PISTACHIO IS TOO GOOD. I can bet it's the BEST pistachio you can get locally. Or, please kindly let me know if you know of which ice-cream parlour/gelateria that sells pistachio gelato better than this. I actually prefer this over the Pistachio gelato I had in Amorino, London (which I once deemed as the BEST). Unless you're not a fan of Pistachio, otherwise I think you should really try this.

The lavender honey is of course remarkable as well. The only thing that I still think Budapest's is better as this ends with a sweet honey taste, which is a little (just a little) too sweet for me. But nonetheless, it's still good! Probably the best you can get locally as well.

During my last visit, I've had their brunch waffle. I actually prefer this waffle more! It's crispier and lighter in texture. 

I went back for brunch on Saturday noon. :D 

A Spanish dish - patatas bravas with a hidden poached egg and house made spicy sauce (which tastes very much like spicy mayo). A very decent and surprising dish!

Baked egg. I prefer this than the one I had in Garage 51. The eggs however are very runny (perfectly to my liking though). Might not be your choice if you don't like runny eggs.

Flat white. It's alright, much prefer their gelato as compared to coffee, or Whimsical's affogato :)

Not to forget...their ever great hospitality and attentive service. Thumbs up. 

The opening of Whimsical is definitely making me fat. But really, who cares...

Just eat ice cream, and everything will be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment