Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Vue De Monde - Melbourne, Australia

Vue De Monde was my first stop in Melbourne; after touched down, dropping my baggage at the hotel, off I rushed to the restaurant. I honestly did not know what to expect thus I wasn't really expecting anything. 

Our reserved table has amazing view of Melbourne skyline, perfect for me as it's my first time in Melbourne. It's like reading the introductory of a book, applying the same theory on a city :)

The ambiance is a good combination of an elegant and modern contemporary dining room with natural rustic decor. Table setting was impressive as it's very surprising; every rock serves its own purpose and the dining experience has just got more fun as we were guessing on the purpose of each rock :D Service was very attentive, professional and most importantly, fun. The staffs are very knowledgeable and although it's formal dining, I like how they engaged with the customers, which successfully created a cheerful vibe in fine dining. 

We had the a la carte as we're pressed of time, I have too many cafes to cover in Melbourne! :s Even so, the meal took us around 3 hours, I guess degustation will last at least another hour or...more. As a whole, it is more than just fine dining, it is a culinary experience with wonderful Australian hospitality. 

A small part of Melbourne panorama skyline.

Every course made my lips tingle with surprise and delight!
Snacks were served before menu was presented.

Absolutely in love with the macadamia dipping sauce! 


Rocks and food scattered on our table

Duck tongue, mountain pepper 

Salt cured wallaby

Pine smoked salmon pearls with wasabi mayo

BBQ lamb hearts 

Oyster

Truffle marshmallow

I know the above bites sound exotic but none of it tasted so; I was hesitant in trying each of them (besides oyster) but I was hoping I could have more for each!

Greenvale farm pork, marron, wild herb cream

Cured trout, smoked eel, lettuce

Salt & pepper. Plain creative!

bread & butter. 

This has got to be the most interesting table setting I've ever seen! 

Cucumber, wood sorrel. The preparation of this palate cleanser left me speechless for quite a while. 

Flinders Island lamb, olive, Australian anchovies, sunflower

Blackmore Wagyu, pear, onion, saltbush


Pear, Amaro, smoke milk ice cream

Tonka bean souffle, smoked chocolate ice cream

Assortment of cheeses 

(Cheeses in generous cut!), bread, jams

Last but not least, a selection of the petit-fours

And no, this awesome experience did not end when we left the restaurant. On the following day we were sent a courtesy email to ensure we enjoyed our visit and attached was our menu to remind us of our dining experience, how thoughtful!

I'll definitely return for the degustation menu on my next visit to Melbourne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment